Monday, February 20, 2012

E.C. (Electronic Cigarette)



Warvie got a new babe named EC (Electonic Cigarette). He was bugging me for a couple of nights to buy this for him after we roamed around the mall (that was before V-Day),but I don't have enough money to purchase that. Actually, I was thinking of a different gift for him on V-day (kahit na hindi uso samin ang gift-giving pag may okasyon, I was into reverse-psychology kase na pag gusto ko din ng something, bibigyan ko muna sya, that's my way of paglalambing. Like if I want chocs or any food, I'll be the 1st one to give him that stuff. Funny me!) We're planning to buy a new phone, but since we have to wait for another payday & save, save, save & adjust, adjust, adjust on our monthly bills, we don't have enough money yet for a new phone. Whatever that extra bulk he has on his pocket that day was just enough to purchase that EC. HE WAS REALLY DYING to BUY THAT ONE! So, since he's the one who have the capacity (at the moment) , he got it for himself. (Inunahan na ako ng Lolo mo. Excited much?)
DENKAT is the brand name of the E-Cig. We're looking for the brand SMOKING JOE but there's no branch in SM Centerpoint. 
OM, it's not cheap, again, for a family-on-a-tight-budget like us. It's worth Gabb's milk for a week. And although at the back of my mind, i heard "my Safeguard kunsensya" talking, I can't fight this time. He wants it! And he's the one buying it. I don't want to argue. It's V-day anyway, so I let him decide this time. Being an ever-supportive wife, (chos!haha) I tolerated his "Baka dito matigil na ako sa pagyoyosi ko, gusto ko na rin kase tigilan or bawasan man lang".  (A round of applause to that) So, there it goes. Hands up!


This is his actual purchased product. (Sorry for the camera phone) This is the cheapest one from Denkat.

Same product image I copied from the internet for clearer version.
I was just amaze on how it works, & of course, I was excited to know that it doesn't contain NICOTINE daw. I have some research about it out of my curiousity. Pardon me for not having my own review of this E-cigarette, I just don't understand some terms & mechanics even if I read the google page twice, well, it doesn't sink in to me coz maybe Im not a smoker & not even interested with the like. Plus the fact that I wasn't able to listen or watch the salesman who demonstrated the product while we're on the mall because Gabb is so hyper & wiggly. Effortlessly, I copy-pasted the info about it.

Guys, here's a little knowledge about E-Cig.

The traditional E-Cig has three parts that when assembled are similar in size to a traditional cigarette (some models are the exact same size), some models are now two piece units) It's a very simple unit. A rechargeable battery is screwed into an atomizer. Then you connect a "filter" (cartridge) that contains e-liquid . When you inhale on the cartridge / filter, the atomizer heats the liquid into a vapor that mimics cigarette smoke with regard to taste and warmth.
E-Liquid's main component is normally food grade Propylene Glycol which is an organic compound commonly found in many food products such as a Snow Cone. Alternatively some suppliers use Vegetable Glycerin. Artificial and natural flavoring is mixed to produce a variety of flavors. E-liquids are offered with several levels of nicotine (High, Medium, Low), some contain no nicotine.
And more from wikipedia:

An electronic cigarette, or e-cigarette, is an electrical device that simulates the act of tobacco smoking by producing aninhaled mist bearing the physical sensation, appearance, and often the flavor and nicotine content of inhaled tobacco smoke; though without its odor, and intended to omit its health risks. The device uses heat (or in some cases, ultrasonics) to vaporize apropylene glycol- or glycerin-based liquid solution into an aerosol mist, similar to the way a nebulizer or humidifier vaporizes solutions for inhalation.
Most electronic cigarettes are portable, self-contained cylindrical devices the size of a cigarette; though sizes vary, mainly due to differing battery capacities. Many electronic cigarettes are designed to resemble actual cigarettes or cigars, or even pipes. Most are also reusable, with replaceable and refillable parts, but some models are disposable.
The primary stated use of the electronic cigarette is an alternative to tobacco smoking, or a smoking cessation device, as it attempts to deliver the experience of smoking without, or with greatly reduced, adverse health effects usually associated with tobacco smoke.
The possible benefits or adverse effects of electronic cigarette use are a subject of disagreement among different health organizations and researchers. Controlled studies of electronic cigarettes are scarce due to their relatively recent invention and subsequent rapid growth in popularity. Laws governing the use and sale of electronic cigarettes, as well as the accompanying liquid solutions, currently vary widely, with pending legislation and ongoing debate in many regions. Concerns have been raised that use of the device still might carry health risks, and that it could appeal to non-smokers, especially children, due to its novelty, flavorings, and possibly overstated claims of safety. 

Too much research? haha! SORRY. That's a simple way to make my blog longer. NO, haha! Seriously, we have high hopes that spending some of our hard-earned money from which I considered luho or a little kaartehan on boy's part could be something worthy/helpful on the otherhand. I still believe that the changes & progress that you want in your life starts from your own will. As the saying goes, kung ayaw maraming dahilan, kung gusto, maraming paraan. But well, as for my husband, it starts from this electronic cigarette. OK.FINE.THANKS.BYE.