Friday, February 10, 2012

My First Baby Books


Yesterday, I was killing time before going home coz it's too hot for me to walk home at 5pm, so I decided to pass by Robinsons Pioneer mall (sobrang pasaway ko, alam na bawal sakin maglakad ng maglakad at mapagod,my OB adviced me to take a bedrest,actually,but I can't resist going to the mall,kahit pa alone) so I found myself searching for some BABY BOOKS. Yes, I enjoyed browsing through those TODDLER BOOKS! It reminded me of my kindergarten days where books & paper & pens are my bestfriends. Being the eldest out of 4 siblings, I used to have a lot of time playing all by myself in my  Lola's house in the province where I grew up & studying, playing dolls, of course, reading books were on my top list of hobbies that time.By rummaging through these BABY BOOKS now, I was set back in time- a little Vinz before.(or I think, it's the other way around) But wait, will Vinz appreciate these books? At the age of 1 year & 4 mos, I know it's too impossible for him to read this early, he can't even say a straight word yet, (only MAH-MAH & PAH-PAH & other words we're just a murmur/noise to someone's ear, Im the only one who can understand what he's trying to say, hihi ) unless my Baby is a PINOY HENYO at birth! haha.. I just wanted to see his reaction upon "meeting & greeting" his first baby book. Geez! Im the excited one! #eksaherada.

Realization: Baby books are pricey, even on National Bookstore, I didn't find a book sale this time, and OM, these tiny & thin books were a bit expensive than my book collections (it'a half the price, but just a quarter of the pages), I just don't know if those richie Moms would recognize this, but as a mom on a tight budget, I would think thrice before buying it, or would consider buying other stuffs Vinz' needed.
Here I go, the panic-buyer Mum, went home with 3 tiny & thin pieces for Gabriel. I wasn't able to take a pic reading his books. But he was amazed with the glittery colors & the pictures that looks familiar to him. (e.g. Apple, Dog, Cat, Car, Banana) He looks surprised right? hehe. Next time, I will be ready to buy books (ON SALE) & will search for another set of joyous pasalubong for my lil kiddo.

No comments:

Post a Comment